Official Ladies' Auxiliary Facebook
For complete information click on above logo
American Legion Auxiliary Unit 605
Officers for 2021-2022
President : Sally Dadich
Vice President : Christina Wuyscik
2nd Vice President : Susan Cowburn
Secretary: Jen Nace
Treasurer: Linda Slenker
Historian: Jovon Mason
Chaplin: Sandy Kellenburger
Sergeant at Arms: Karen Dressell & Kathy Aldinger
Member Chair: Kathy Aldinger
AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY MISSION STATEMENT
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice
of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country,
we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self
AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY
The American Legion Auxiliary is the largest women’s patriotic organization in the world. The organization supports volunteer programs that center on the three major areas: veterans, young people and the community. Through volunteering in the many programs, you develop leadership in your community, have the opportunity to educate the youth and advance the programs of the American Legion Auxiliary. “Working” side-by-side with women of all ages and different life experiences you make memories and build life-long friendships. The benefits offered by the American Legion Auxiliary directly and indirectly touch and affect the lives of all Americans.
Who may join?
A woman who is eligible for membership in The American Legion is also eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary. The mother, wife, daughter, sister, grand-daughter, great-grand-daughter, or grandmother of members of The American Legion, and deceased veterans who served in the United States Armed Forces during the listed war eras. Step relatives are also eligible.